Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Chinese New Year post.

Happy Chinese New Year!

I know this is kind of late but it is still Chinese New Year ^^
We have 15 days to celebrate it.
Anyway, after coming back from Penang on Monday, we went up to uncle's house.
Then we spent the next day at home resting.
On Wednesday, which was Chinese New Year's eve day, we went up to uncle's house in the morning for prayer to ancestors and a simple reunion dinner there.

Then came first day of CNY.
As usual, we went church in the morning for CNY mass ^^
My Cho Yat new clothes :)
ANG ANG bo hai lang! =x
This year, mass started off with LION DANCE!
And to our surprise, this year, the mass was in Mandarin!
Oppss!
& there were 4 priests!
Their Mandarin wasn't perfect, but understandable xD
We got ang pao and Mandarin oranges as usual ^^
After mass, we went back home, ate lunch and went to uncle's house again.
And there, I met some entertaining DUDES! LOL!
See below...
They are small,
They are cute,
But that's not all,
Cause they are BABY HAMSTERSSSS!!! :D
See how tiny they are?
So that night, we went out for dinner.
At one Malay Restaurant.
Because I have Muslim relatives.
We had so many people that they gave us 4 tables!
My relatives.
So that was my Cho Yat.

On Cho Yi, my relatives on dad's side came to my house ^^
Standing :from left ;cousin's husband (Joel gor gor), dad, mum,that fat guy in the TV gor, and dad's sister (gu gu).
Sitting, squarting down :from left ; cousin's daughter (Lee Ann), cousin (Pauline Jie Jie), cousin's son, (Lee Onn), ME, auntie (Ah Mm)
Mum fried mee hoon for all of us.
Enjoyed talking to each other.
I truly adore Lee Ann!
She has perfect attitude!
& she's only 11!
After they went back, we went to uncle's house again.
My job there basically is to eat, watch tv, watch hamster and sit.
Then there ends day 2 of CNY.

Then it was day 3!
It was the same routine again.
Wake up, get ready and off to uncle's house.
So I decided to practice a little bit of photography :)
Vintage, oldies, all included :D

On the forth day!
Morning as usual, went to uncle's house again!
And if you noticed, I've been going there for 6 days already!
In one week!
Haha!
I played a few times of mahjong, as a backup =x
So, again, watch tv and eat.
Then at night, we went over to my gu gu's house ^^
We had dinner there and gu gu prepared lucky draw for the kids.
The kids are my nieces and nephew.
But gor and I were also included in the lucky draw xD
We each got 2 mandarin oranges, 2 cans of 100 Plus and a packet of ang pao.
The amount in the ang pao is ranged from Rm10-RM20, if I'm not mistaken.
I got RM12 ^^
That night we da bao-ed a lot of food back home.
We had curry chicken, mix vegetables and fried prawn and wan tan.
Then gu gu gave 2 raw chickens =.=
And a lot more food.
I borrowed a few books from gu gu and she gave me 2 packets of seaweed and 1 packet of Japanese Rice Crackers! xD

Weekend ended, Monday came!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY!!!!!
I woke up early and gave mum her present :)
Glad she liked it ^^
That night we went G-Pot Steamboat at Yulek for dinner!
It is the cheapest place for steamboat.
Adult - RM22.80
Children - RM11.80
Senior Citizen - RM17.80
& free for birthday girl/boy
Overall, the food was okay.
They had fried chicken, fried wan tan, fried rice and mee hoon too.
The ice-cream was the best!
They have 4 types of soup.
So that ended the holiday celebration I guess ^^

No comments: